Coal City Cob's Rail-to-Truck bulk transfer operation is a "spot on demand" rail yard switched exclusively by the Union Pacific Railroad. We own and operate a Shuttle Wagon for daily, in-yard switching. We also have a 75-foot certified scale, and can use steam to heat 50% of the rail spots. Our NSF-certified rail yard has the capacity for 85 rail cars, and accepts both hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
We strive to exceed our customers' expectations at every turn. In addition to providing an unsurpassed level of performance, we support our customers with a comprehensive, end-to-end spectrum of maintenance and administrative services.
- Paved parking and staging of tractor trailers
- Check seals
- Physical inspection prior to release
- Provide sample and seals
- Trailer inspection
- Verify driver's paperwork
- Scaling in and out
- Provide bills of lading
- Maintain daily rail car inventory
- Monthly inventory reports
- Custom billing cycles available for transfer and rail car storage